Across The Kingdom
Extension tour to Gangtey including major cities and their attractions in Bhutan . A cultural experience, visiting its peoples and beautiful scenery is the focus of the tour. Just an extra experience of visiting Gantey Gompa and explore the Phobjikha valley, said to be the most beautiful valley in the Himalayas.
- Trip Itinerary
- Include / Exclude
Transfer to airport and fly to Paro by Druk air.
Upon arrival at Paro airport, our representative of Bhutan will meet the group and transfer to the hotel. In the evening, visit Drugyal Dzong, now in ruins was built by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to commemorate the victory over the Tibetan invaders in 1644; the dzong name's means indeed "victorious Druk". The Dzong was used as an administrative center until 1951 when a fire caused by butter lamp destroyed it. Then visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of Bhutan 's oldest and most sacred monasteries dating from the introduction of Buddhism in the 8th century.
Paro - Thimphu
After breakfast, sight seeing tour to TashichhoDzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion), built in 1641 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and reconstructed in 1961 by the Late King, His Majesty King Jigme Dorji Wang chuck, who is regarded as Father of Modern Bhutan. Then visit the National Library, which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts followed by visit to Painting School , famous for carving and free hand art. After lunch visit the National Memorial Chorten, a monument dedicated to the Third King of Bhutan. His Late Majesty King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. The inside paintings and statues provide a very rare insight into Buddhist Philosophy. Then visit Handicrafts Emporium to see the exquisite artistry of traditional crafts and textiles. Evening free for shopping and leisure.
After breakfast drive to Punakha across the Dochula Pass alt. 10,000 ft., site of one of Bhutan 's most enchanting views. While in Punakha, visit Punakha Dzong; built by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1637, this sacred Dzong has played a prominent part in the country's life in both civil and religious fields. Punakha Dzong is open to visitors only in summer when the monk body has moved Thimphu . After Lunch, visit Chimi Lhakhang. In the evening return to the hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Punakha.
Thimphu - Punakha
After breakfast drive to the beautiful valley of Gangtey . Enroute, visit Chimed Lhakhang. Packed lunch would be served at Gangtey. On arrival, visit Gantey Gompa and explore the Phobjikha valley, said to be the most beautiful valley in the Himalayas . In the evening, drive back to Thimphu.
Punakha - Gangtey - Thimphu
Start early, after breakfast, visit Simtokha Dzoong of Bhutan built in 1627 and drive further to Paro. While in Paro visit Famous Taktsang Monastery, The trail climbs through beautiful pine forest, many of the trees festooned with Spanish moss, and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags. We stop for a rest and light refreshments at the Taktsang Jakhang (cafeteria) and then walk a short distance until we see, clearly and seemingly within reach, Taktsang monastery. The primary Lhakhang was built around Guru Rimpoche's meditation cave in the 1684by the Penlop of Paro Gyaltse Tenzin Rabgay, this incredible monastery clings to the edge of a sheer rock cliff that plunges 900 meters into the valley below. Legend has it that Guru Padmasambhava, the tantric mystic who brought Buddhism to Bhutan , flew here on the back of a flying tiger, Dorji Drolo, said to be his favorites consort.
Thimphu - Paro
Early morning, drive to the airport and farewell.
- Airport to hotel pick up and drop by private vehicle
- One highly experienced mountain Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 people),
- Accommodation food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of both trek guide and porters
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All additional government tax
Price Not Includes
- Nepal entry visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days from date of issue) (You may easily get Nepal visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu)
- All Meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking
- Accommodation in Mountain lodge run by local people during trek
- Any Airfare (Domestic & International)
- Travelers insurance
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (Approx 10-12 USD)
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking