Kailash Trek via Simikot
After reaching an agreement in 1993 between the Nepal and China
Government, the border between the two countries has been open for
trekking. While it had been a route for Nepalese pilgrims for many
years, foreign trekkers were never allowed to trek from Nepal into
The journey through Humla, Nepal's highest, northernmost and most remote district, is culturally and scenically rewarding. A trip to Mt Kailash has always been regarded as a pilgrimage. It satisfies the romantic in us that the pilgrimage to Kailash is a difficult one.
We have combined such a nice adventure tour with the opening up of the border crossing between Nepal and Tibet via Taklakot (Purang), Mt. Kailash is now accessible for foreign trekkers with 6 days of trekking from the beautiful region of Simikot (3900 M). For this trek we follow the Humla Karnali route and trek through rice and wheat fields, through surging waters of the Humla Karnali, meet well-educated friendly monks who speak excellent English and yes, see some of the finest views nature has to offer.
- Trip Itinerary
- Include / Exclude
Flight to Nepalgunj. Stay Overnight Hotel.
Flight to Simikot. Commence the trek to Tuling (3hrs trek). Overnight Camp.
Continue trek to Kermi (5 hrs trek). Overnight Camp.
Continue trek to Yangar (6 hrs trek). Overnight Camp.
Continue trek to Muchu (6 ½ hrs trek). Overnight Camp.
Continue trek to Yari (5 ½ hrs trek). Overnight Camp.
Meet the group at Shara border, drive on to Purang (3780m.). (50kms, 2hrs). Hotel.
Continue to Manas Lake (4500 meters). (90kms, 3hrs) . Camp Overnight.
Continue to Darchen (4580 meters). (30kms, 01hr). Overnight Guesthouse.
Start trek. 14kms, 7 to 8hrs. Camp.
Trek. 4680 meters. Camp.
Complete the trek (15kms / 03 to 04 hrs). Camp Overnight
Spare day to explore surrounding of the Mansarowar Lake. CampOvernight.
Drive to Paryang (4700 meters). (292 kms / 08 to 09 hrs). Camp Overnight.
Drive to Saga (4600 meters). (252 kms / 07 to 08 hrs). Camp Overnight.
Drive to Nyalam (3750m) 240 Kms / 6-7 Hrs. Guest house
Drive downhill to Friendship Bridge where transportation awaits for the Groups final leg of journey to Kathmandu (1300m) 150 Kms / 8-9 Hrs.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at Guest Houses & Camping Tents as per itinerary
- Landcruisers (4 Person in 1 Landcruiser Basis) and Support Truck
- Freshly cooked full board meals
- Dining / Kitchen & Toilet tents
- English speaking Tibetan Guide,
- 1 Nepali Team Leader
- Experienced Sherpa Staff
- Monastery entrance fees
- Yaks & Yak-men for Porterage during Kailash Parikarma.
- Gamow Bag, Oxygen, Basic first aid kit, 1 Satellite Phone
- Kailash Permit and Tibet / China Visa fee
Price Not Includes
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost in the event of landslide
- for hiring porterage or arranging additional transportation and expenses of personal nature
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (Approx 10-12 USD)
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. personal illness, strike etc.
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking.