Lhasa Namtso Lake Tour
Namtso lake at 4748m, one of the three sacred lakes in Tibet as named
'The Sky Lake' the highest lakes in the world and biggest lake in Tibet
. The lake is situated in a mountainous area about 60kms northwest
covering an area of 1920sq. Every sheep year in Tibetan calendar the
trekking Namtso lake Festival is held and countless pilgrims from far
away visit the lake to pay homage.
Visiting Syame monastery which is the first monastery in possession of the three treasures: Buddha, Dharma and Sangha built in 762 AD in Syame Valley just south east of Lhasa city is another attraction in Tibet . To explore little more than just visiting Lhasa city. The valley provides, unique sights of the Chongye country with people, culture, monastery and temples. To reach the valley we have to ride the boat (Pheri). We also visit Yumbu Lhakng the first palace and Tradruk temple the earliest temple in Tibet .
So the trip is obviously adding an extra experience of a visit to Tibet .
- Trip Itinerary
- Include / Exclude
Fly to Lhasa with China Southwest Airlines. Pick up from airport and transfer to the hotel.
Sightseeing tour of Potala and Jokhang and Bakor market.
Sightseeing tour of Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Drive to Namtso via Damchung and stay at tented lodge.
Drive back to Lhasa and free day afternoon.
Drive to Samye through Yarlung valley and overnight at monastery guesthouse.
After sightseeing in samye, drive to Tsetang and visit Yumbu Lhakng and Tradruk temple and On/ Post hotel.
Drive to the Airport and fly to Kathmandu
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at Guest Houses & Camping Tents as per itinerary
- Landcruisers (4 Person in 1 Landcruiser Basis) and Support Truck
- Freshly cooked full board meals
- Dining / Kitchen & Toilet tents.
- English speaking Tibetan Guide
- 1 Nepali Team Leader
- Experienced Sherpa Staff
- Monastery entrance fees
- Yaks & Yak-men for Porterage during Kailash Parikarma.
- Gamow Bag, Oxygen, Basic first aid kit, 1 Satellite Phone
- Kailash Permit and Tibet / China Visa fee
Price Not Includes
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost in the event of landslide
- for hiring porterage or arranging additional transportation and expenses of personal nature
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (Approx 10-12 USD
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. personal illness, strike etc.
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking.